Release Candidate of Lightroom 2.3 now available here.
This RC version addresses some issues below:
Bugs – Fixed
- In the Windows 64-bit version of Lightroom an sFTP upload process could cause Lightroom to crash.
- Slideshows could return to the first image randomly during playback.
- A memory leak could cause Lightroom to crash while attempting to process files with local adjustments.
- Canon EOS 5D Mk II sRAW files could process with artifacts in Lightroom 2.2.
- Lightroom 2.2 could cause disc burning to fail for Windows customers.
Newly supported camera models include:
At last Google’s Picasa their image management and photo editing software for the Mac. Download it here
Im trying it now!
Apple just released an update of their Camera Raw Compatibility for some of the previously released digital cameras. The Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 2.4 now supports the EOS 5D Mark II, the powershot G10 and many others. The only one left for me is my Panasonic Lumix LX3. The RAW files of the said camera can now be natively viewable in Finder and iPhoto.
Update: No finder compatibility
Apple’s support release:
About Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 2.4
This update extends RAW file compatibility for Aperture 2 and iPhoto 08 for the following cameras:
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon PowerShot G10
- Pentax K2000/K-m
- Leaf AFi-II 6
- Leaf AFi-II 7
- Leaf Aptus-II 6
- Leaf Aptus-II 7
- Leica M8.2
It also addresses issues related to specific cameras and overall stability.
Fire up your software update or manually download it here
Double good news! Adobe has released an update of their famous imaging software, the version 2.2 of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. Double good news because it now supports my LX3’s and 5D Mark II’s RAW files. See excerpt from Adobe site below.
From Adobe site
**With the release of Lightroom 2.2, there is an important exception in our DNG file handling for the Panasonic DMC LX3, Panasonic DMC FX150, Panasonic DMC FZ28, Panasonic DMC-G1 and Leica D-LUX 4. In this release the native, proprietary files from these cameras can only be converted to linear DNG files. A linear DNG file has gone through a demosaic process that converts a single mosaic layer of red, green and blue channel information into three distinct layers , one for each channel. The resulting linear DNG file is approximately three times the size of a mosaic DNG file or the original proprietary file format.
Download it here
If you are still unaware, Adobe released a new public beta of its Lightroom software. Its called Lightroom 2.0 Beta.
New in 2.0 Beta (copied from Adobe’s website)
- Localized corrections â€” Enhance specific areas of an image for unsurpassed nondestructive flexibility and control reminiscent of the traditional darkroom dodge and burn experience.
- Improved organizational tools â€” Find the images you need quickly and easily.
- Multiple monitor support â€” Add an additional monitor to efficiently manage photographic workflow and presentation.
- Flexible print package functionality â€” Create custom layouts containing multiple sizes of a photograph on a single page.
- 64-bit support â€” Lightroom 2.0 now takes advantage of the latest hardware architectures with improved memory handling and performance
The beta software will expire on August 31. Download now
Warning: Its a beta software so it is bound to have bugs and problems. Use your old final version of Lightroom for serious work. Alrightie? 😉