I updated my LX3 today, before typing this entry. A little disappointing since the new FW only fixes “other” things. I was expecting a fix on the magenta cast plaguing the AWB white balance option but alas, wala. Im hoping someday they will hear our voice. For the time being it wouldnt hurt if you update yours so try yours and hit the here link below. Take precautions when making a FW update READ CAREFULLY the instructions provided.
Firmware Version Update:
Panasonic Lumix DMC LX3 Ver 1.20 Firmware
- Improved white balance flash mode setting when DMW-FL220 is connected.
- Proper setting of shutter speed on iA mode and Scene mode when OIS is turned ON.
- Proper Exif information in the JPEG picture file.
Download it here
From the Panasonic Lumix LX3 Firmware download page
Sorry, This download site is temporally closed due to Next version of firmware, It is scheduled on Jan/15th/2009.
Sorry for this inconvenience.
It will probably try to solve (again) the AWB problem plaguing the LX3. Hope im right! :/
Panasonic just released the 1.1 firmware version of the famous Lumix LX3
It fixes some issues of AWB and auto focus. It also enable the use of the new external flash accessory DMW-FL220.
I updated mine and it looks like it corrected the AWB issue.
Download it here
From Panasonic website
- Compatibility update for the DMW-FL220 flash unit.
- Improved auto white balance performance.
- Improved auto focus performance.
Panasonic Lumix LX3
its here.. bought from hong kong (Thanks Aids!) I also ordered Sandisk Extreme 3 8g SDHC.
- classically designed camera. Rangefinder look. I love it!
- superb leica summicron lens, contrasty, fast and sharp
- too many features to play with
- 16:9 ratio is really awesome
- impressive ISO performance up to 400. ISO 800 decent
- hi-res LCD
- phenomenal HD video
- lotsa customizable features
- can be used for strobist. 580ex I and flashwaves RF trigger works!
- decent 1/2000s flash sync speed (with off shoe flash)
- 24mm wide angle lens!
- Quick controls (joystick & 4 way nav buttons)
- in-camera post production
- RAW file capaility
The LX3 is a serious point & shoot camera. It wont replace my DSLR’s but it will definitely be with me all the time.
Out of the blue.. my g9 – g10 lust was over powered by this little compact camera. The Panasonic Lumix LX3. It boasts extra features that the G series should have.
Should I b…….? :/ It’s really hard to be a techgeeko :/ Ohhh and that Leica badge.. ohhh sooooo sexy 😀
Hit the link for more info
Photo from www.panasonic.com